Just as important as what we take from our events and activities is what we give back. ASA members contribute across Tucson at dozens of places in dozens of ways, aided by the networks that we and our members create.
Service to others has been a longstanding mission of the Academy, going back to the days when the ASA Articles of Incorporation were first drafted. Over the decade-plus since, our members have used their energy and talents to help those in the larger community. These include:
- General Public: Our concerts and lectures are offered, digitally, at no charge to the general public.
- Organizations: Members also share their skills with dozens of organizations in and around Tucson involved with arts, music and philanthrapy, as well as civic and business leadership.
- Vail and Tucson Public Schools: A large part of our public service has been invested in the Vail Unified Schools District (VUSD), an award-winning suburban school district that includes the region around Academy Village. For the VUSD, and also in nearby Tucson Unified (TUSD), members of the ASA have mentored students and faculty at many levels from individual coaching to consulting on design of enrichment programs to serving as judges at science fairs and appearing as classroom speakers.
- University of Arizona: Our long-standing and rich involvement with the University of Arizona includes:
- Many concerts and lectures are provided by faculty and students at the University of Arizona School of Music, as well as other faculty
- Some ASA members have faculty positions and fellowships to positions on staff from departments that range from Astronomy to Engineering to Physics and Psychology, as well as graduate programs in Business and Medicine.