Facilities in the ASA Building
- The Academy Great Room seats approximately 115 people, theater style, and features a wide range of equipment for presentation and viewing. The raised stage offers outstanding resonance for solo and small group musical performances. A permanently mounted video projector displays high definition images in widescreen format, while seven speakers distributed around the room offer a superb listening experience. Inductive loop technology is available for the hearing impaired. Available presentation formats include 35mm slides, BluRay and DVD, video tape, Internet video, CD, and computer software programs such as Microsoft’s Power Point and Apple’s Keynote. (Please see Information for Presenters for more detailed information.)
- Two Seminar or Class Rooms with chairs, work tables, and white boards. One has seating for 12, the other for 24. The larger room has an overhead video projector, a large screen, and amplified speakers. A partition between the two rooms can be opened for larger gatherings.
- The Library has a collection of books, tapes, and DVDs. It also has a PC and a Macintosh computer for use by members; both with access to the internet and linked printers. There is also a reader/enlarger for the visually handicapped and a scanner. Because the Academy is an affiliate of the University of Arizona, members also have access to the University library, either in person or on line.
- Wireless internet access is provided throughout the building.
- The utility room provides for members the amenities of a copier and shredder .
- The Administrative office and a kitchenette for preparation of refreshments are also located in the building.