Academy Village Artists, Monday, December 2, 2019,
2:30-4:00 p.m., The Arizona Senior Academy lobby, classrooms, and Great Room
Following the successful “Art in Academy Village, Part I” last spring, more of Academy Village’s very talented artists and artisans will present their work at an informal open show displayed in the ASA Building. There will be a guide to the exhibits available in the Lobby. Come meet the artists and see their work!
Among those presenting will be the following:
- Watercolorist Marti Heath will show several paintings, as well as her sketchbook journals. Marti’s watercolors of cacti, rural landscape and cowboys are on display at Tanque Verde Guest Ranch.
- Roger Shepard will display posters of his digital creations of imagined scenes from his presentation made at Arizona State University earlier this year.
- Greg Zamule’s work of “up-cycled” lamps, end-table tops and wall hangings will be on display, as well as images of larger items like headboards and water features, in the context of a description of his creative processes.
- Gayla Curtis will exhibit both costume design plates and costumes that she has designed for drama and dance productions, as well as some oil paintings. Kay Curtis will show jewelry and masks.
- Lynda Skinner will put on view some of her oil, acrylic and watercolor paintings influenced by living in the southwest.
- Mary Ann Gillespey will present some of her two-dimensional art of varying subjects in diverse mediums, including watercolor, ink and graphite.
- Laurie Sherman will show her handmade jewelry for men, women and children, and also some of her multi-media work.
- Jes Stark will present her philosophy of sharing art with adults and children to promote their understanding and awareness of the amazing beauty and hope of our world. Her example will trace the beginning idea to the finished piece of art.
We look forward to seeing you at our art show!
Written by Nancy Green, Academy Village Volunteer